"Help your clients find their style as you manage your own boutique to success!"
Wii U (Virtual Console)
|Release date(s)||23rd October 2008 (Japan)
23rd October 2009 (Europe)
2nd November 2009 (North America)
19th November 2009 (Australia)
6th September 2010 (Korea)
5th May 2016 (Wii U, all regions except Europe)
23rd June 2016 (Wii U, Europe)
Style Boutique is the first game in the Style Boutique series. It is a fashion simulation game which primarily involves running your own boutique, shopping, and fashion contests. It first released in Japan, Europe, North America and Australia through 2008-2009. In 2016, it also released as a Virtual Console title on Wii U systems, making it the only non-handheld version of a Style Boutique game.
Grace phoning the Player, telling her that Primavera, her boutique that the player plans to work in, is opening soon. Upon arriving at Primavera, you meet Renee, an employee who has been working there for a month. After serving some customers, Grace visits Dominic's Mansion, the home of the owner of a boutique chain that includes Primavera. Dominic's butler, Godfrey is there. Godfrey asks for Grace to describe the Player to him, intrigued. After a day of work, the Player and Renee are in the park, and see Godfrey being chased by a chihuahua. You help him, and have a conversation, where Godfrey mentions Dominic. Renee confesses that Dominic sounds 'old and ugly'. Soon after, Dominic and Godfrey visit Primavera. Renee appears romantically interested in him, claiming that they are soulmates, and saying "No way! He's hot and young and... And... I'm single!" After a short talk about needing another boutique in the city, everybody agrees that the owner should be the player. Later, in Dominic's Mansion, Dominic asks you a few questions about the boutique, leading to her accepting her new role. She takes over the new boutique, stocking and selling items as well as trying to win high profile fashion competitions.
- Grace: The owner of Primavera.
- Renee: An employee in Primavera.
- Godfrey: Dominic's butler.
- Dominic: Grace's boss. He owns a mansion.
- Player: The player. You!
- Its North American release date would turn out to be exactly eight years prior to the Japanese release of New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star.
- Style Boutique was released in Japan exactly one year before it released in Europe. This is the longest gap between any two regions' release dates of any game in the series.
- It is the only game in the series to release on Nintendo DS systems, as well as being the only game to play vertically.
- Style Boutique is playable on three different systems, unlike the other games which can only be played on a Nintendo 3DS.
- The Japanese copy of Style Boutique has a holographic box and cartridge.